Saturday, August 9, 2008

ugh. rants and vents.

So this has been a very productive weekend for me (thus far...let me not get to ahead of myself). And it's been productive whether I wanted it to be or not. Friday after feeling ::ahem:: better, Donald and I went to AB Linens to pick out the colors, since I couldn't make it to work.

So we're at the linen place and we're running like 3 minutes late. Anal. I know. But anywho, Ana, is a doll and tells me she's a bit backed up with her appts anyways. I think 'Ok. We'll be there in 5 - and she'll see us in 10.'

Not.

We get there and there's four people standing around all these fabric samples (that look more expensive and detailed than my friggin' dress). Anyways, I'm not sure who's who - between the couple, the decorator, the coordinator, and maybe some parents - it's a whole lot of opinion for such a small space. We wait for about 1/2 hour (all the while Ana is shooting these apologetic half-smile/half-grimaces). Long story short: It took that couple and their entourage about 1 1/2 to pick out a sample of fabric to have yet another mock-up custom made (from what I over heard it was their 7th visit). It took Donald and I about 15 minutes to pick out what we wanted, the style (bow or knot) and to give Ana the info for the contract with Rusty Pelican. And it took 15 minutes and not 5 because Ana and her assistant guy were trying to find the perfect shade of green.

Which they did! And I'm sooooooooo happy with the color and look of the fabric. It's the exact color of the girls' dresses. So that's a check for moi!

Cleaning absolutely sucks. Ugh. And today I felt masochistic and I decided to clean the bathroom and the kitchen. What was I thinking?!

And now I have to clean up after 3 giant boys (one which is my own) and the furbabies who spent the entire day playing video games in the living room. Ugh. Productive? Yes. Willingly Productive? I don't think so.

OH. And before I forget - I also bought the letters which I'm decorating our table with (Mr. & Mrs.) and the letters for the rock guest book (Wishes). Ideas compliments of Meli and Andreina from the SoFla Knottie Board.

No comments: