Wednesday, August 13, 2008

theknot.com: detox & rehab

So I'm totally addicted to theknot.com's SoFla Message Board and that's usually where I go to de-stress after talking to suicidal/welfare-seeking people at work all day. But lo and behold, I knew that theknot.com crack was too good to last.

Recently there's been some drama on that board regarding some vendor (who might be reading my blog, lol, and shall remain unnamed). I posted a comment to my experience with the vendor and I stayed away for a few days because of other engagements (sushi dinner for Grice's birthday, conference/summit @ work, etc). I come back today to see the guy made up a profile, admitted to lurking the board and having his assistance read it daily, and even sent a solicitation to one of the posters/knottie through her and her fiance's Facebook account. And then he got offended when she called him creepy. Oye pero mira que este tipo tiene gandinga! Que descarado carajo! (translation: wow this guy has balls/what a douche). English-to-Spanish translations lose their oomph but that's the gist of it. LOL.

So in lieu of posting on theknot.com for a few weeks/months, I'll be turning my attention to blogging, Facebooking, and general bad Internet habits. I just needed to clear my knot-hate for that guy.

On a brighter note (I think?) I went to the 5th Annual Gang Summit brought to us by the County. So informative. Did you know the real origins of the bloods and the crips?! I bet you don't!

Ok, and you probably don't care. But, it was much more interesting that having workshops or presentations on elder affairs or child care. Or maybe my views are biased/tainted because they fed us. Twice. Real food.

I also just came to the realization that I'm four days (almost three! eeek!) from my five month mark for the B-I-G day! In the words of Mrs.Zero, squeeee! I feel like all the little things I've been doing are finally bringing all the big stuff together. This weekend I bought the paint for my letters and I bought the ribbon to start making the candle and I'm gonna get MS Publisher for the menu's and program's and such. I'm so excited that I'm getting those butterflies in my tummy (I remember those when Donald and I started dating! Those I-forget-to-eat-cause-I'm-so-excited butterflies). I love it.

5 months, here we come! Squeeeeeee ;)

1 comment:

Meli said...

I went to the Gang Summit last year! It really was great :)

And I love that my Squee's are infectious!