Sunday, September 28, 2008

Therapeutic Ramblings

I love planning my wedding. I mean I l-o-v-e it. Big, puffy heart with shiny spot love it.





But holy cannoli - I am one tired bride-to-be. And I'm not even making that much of a fuss over most things. We picked our cake vendor with one tasting. We chose our dinner entree 3 seconds after the tasting.





But I feel that I'm falling behind on some things. Like a card box - what am I going to use? Will it be a birdcage, box, trunk, green, ivory, DIY, store-bought? And what about the Bridesmaid's jewelry? Will I buy pearls, crystals, from etsy's, from the mall, all the same, or a necklace and a bracelet? I get so stressed at work that I've banned myself from knotting - I know, blasphemous - and have resorted to coloring books and puzzles to get through my day.





And taking all these rapidly running thoughts into consideration - I had the most wonderful and deliciously marvelous idea (and yes, Donald thought it was all that and icing, too)...





...a Day 0f Coordinator! ::i squeal in delight::





Yes, that's right, she's not a wedding planner, but she's a DOC - someone who will tell me what to do! And not just a book or a stupid list on a wedding website - a real, live girl who will be there telling me what I need to get done, how to possibly do it, and when to have it done by. I big puffy heart my wedding - but I really big puffy heart my day of coordinator.





We booked her Tuesday - and voila - she has us scheduled for a walk-through of the Rusty Pelican on this Thursday. I cannot say it enough (and I actually didn't believe all the brides before me who said this before I hired my own DOC) - if you can fit one in your budget, get one!





It's like having my own organized, calm, collected cheerleader!





I feel like sanity has been regained and I can now wait until my real honeymoon and stop begging for a fake one before. Yay!








Oh, and we also put up a new light fixture in the dining room - it's a pretty little pendant - $15 at Home Depot and Donald put it up himself. So proud.

(By the way, Donald would be so happy I mentioned this: That clock in the background was a gift my mom and dad got once, and it's actually a Coca-Cola clock - the boy's favorite liquid in the whole world!)

He also redid all the outlets in the house to make sure they are up to par for when our inspector comes to OK us for the insurance. And he only shocked himself once! We also cleared some overgrown shrubs and mowed the lawn. We can now see Homer's lower half again. For now.

No comments: