Monday, September 29, 2008

The crackberry is back, baby!

Donald bought me a beautiful Blackberry as a gift on our 7 year anniversary, which was this past August 17th. I immediately became as addicted to my Blackberry as much as I am to Facebook or TheKnot message boards.
Addicted, I tell you. Yes, I am brave enough and honest enough with myself to recognize a problem - no denial here, ladies and gentlemen.
I was writing text messages that took people 3 of their own messages to receive. I was writing notes, tasks, even using the datebook. Yes, it was my Crackberry - and I was in love (don't worry people, the wedding is still on).
And then my world came crashing down when on Wednesday evening at approximately 10:36 pm as I was exiting the shower and walking into the room...I yelped. Who am I kidding? I shrieked! Because there lay my Crackberry, covered in Homer slobber and drool, tossed aside on the floor - CRACKED down the middle! I gasped. I choked. I almost choked Homer. There he was, chewing on the leather holster, after not-so-carefully removing my phone from it.


He ATE my Crackberry! It was barely a month old. And it died. And I've been without one for 5 days. That's 5 days in which I barely texted anyone. And I didn't blog about it, because it made me sad.
And then today - as I got home and checked the mail - Donald is there holding my shiny, new, red Crackberry in the palm of his hands. That's true love (Donald, that is, lol).

Lesson learned? Yes. And now for my Mastercard inspired anecdote:
Broken Crackberry: $0
New Crackberry: $100 (Donald fixed this, not moi, so I don't know, nor do I care, about how he got it to $100)

Extra chew toy: $4

Knowing Homer Love is unconditional and no matter what he does, we still love him: Priceless



R.I.P. old Crackberry:



No comments: